Friday, September 08, 2006

NYN in SOK

It would be awesome if the video of NYN had something to do with sleep - either S sleeping with this sadness and experiencing this song in his sleep, or S falling asleep as the song ends.

Loneliness and Sleep are powerful states - each with the power of destroying the Other.

Should be fun to see how the video has actually come out. And no, vetti people who bunk to watch the movie FDFS today or those who watch the telugu video on tv dont need to share their learnings. :)

I'd like to find out for myself.

16 Value-adds:

Blogger DD said...

I thnk it would be horrible...i dont thnk falling sleep is so easy...esp wen u r lonely..take me for eg :)
Tht VV dialogue was utter crap imo

September 08, 2006 9:23 AM  
Blogger eV said...

Dei.. I didnt say it is easy to fall asleep and beat loneliness da.

Once you get back here, remind me to hit you for having said what you said about that VV dialogue. Possibly the best dialogue in the movie.

September 08, 2006 9:38 AM  
Blogger Kavya Mohan said...

my "vetti" hands are itching to write the entire video of the movie!!! ;)

September 08, 2006 6:54 PM  
Blogger eV said...

KavIyam, did you think I was referring to you? I know you wouldnt bunk to watch a movie. :)

September 08, 2006 9:34 PM  
Blogger Kavya Mohan said...

not really..i was just mocking at he person whom you were referring to ;)
thanks for the "go(o)d girl" certificate ;)

September 08, 2006 10:10 PM  
Blogger eV said...

Hmmm, I had two vetti ppl in mind when I said that in my post.
And ahem, heard of sarcasm? :)
Good girl? padikra vayasula cut adichitu fdfs kekutha? :)

September 08, 2006 10:29 PM  
Blogger Kavya Mohan said...

i know who thy are ;)
and padirathukum fdfs-kkum entha samandhamum illai!

September 09, 2006 12:46 PM  
Blogger eV said...

Having seen the video on TV a couple of times now, I should say I'm beginning to like the way this song has been picturised. Nothing like what I'd imagined. But its quite nice in a way. Will not reveal more details till Other people (esp those at LA and all) get an opportunity to see the video. :)

September 09, 2006 10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, didn't think kavyam and you would want to keep discussing about me in all possible blogs ;)

I am vetti and so saw the fdfs. Also, had the burden of reviewing it for someone who saw it a couple of days after me. :)

I didn't find the picturisation of NY great- could have been a lot better. Hurts me to think they handled this like any other song.

And agree with you about the sleep dialogue being one of the better ones in VV.

September 12, 2006 11:27 PM  
Blogger DD said...

FYI am not exactly at LA :p

And still maintain tht the dialogue was max crap...IMO sleeping is just a way of running away/avoidance, you are not taking it head on! You are just submitting to it...

And oh ya, got the youtube link for NYN and MV frm arrfans, will watch after in some time and giv feedback :)

September 13, 2006 6:58 AM  
Blogger eV said...

Sleeping is kyna accepting the power of time. Acknowledgement or acceptance of its power need not mean submission to it.

September 13, 2006 7:38 AM  
Blogger DD said...

Correction. Ackno/Acceptance of the existence of its power does not mean submission...there is a difference
It is like believing in God [Not ARR, the actual one as accepted publicly :)]..i acknowledge His existence and His power, but I have not really accepted it myself

September 13, 2006 8:39 PM  
Blogger eV said...

So you're saying you know God exists, but dont want to think so?
This seems to contradict your funda of taking things head-on (when you claimed sleeping is like running away from problems)

September 13, 2006 9:20 PM  
Blogger DD said...

Ok..let me put it this way...I acknowledge that sleeping is a solution, but not the best/most ideal one.
Sleeping is a quickfix solution, like tying a hanky over a fresh injury...tht tackles it for the time-being, but you ultimately need to apply medicine on it

September 14, 2006 5:22 AM  
Blogger eV said...

Will take your analogy forward. Yes, sleep is like that first-aid thingie. But I wonder if loneliness has any lasting solution.
Let me put it this way: loneliness will always exist. We've got to learn to live with it. And sleep helps us temper the peaks of loneliness.
Iruttinile nee nadakaiyile, un nizhalum unnai vittu vilagi vidum.
Nee mattum dhaan indha ulagathile, unakku thunai endru vilangi vidum.
Theeyodu pogum varaiyil, theerathu intha thanimai.

September 14, 2006 7:23 AM  
Blogger DD said...

Dei..dont relate the "big picture" with this small one..Oru naalil loneliness veru, intha gap loneliness veru...i think just before sleeping, the 'lonely guy' should listen to Oru naalil some 5 times, internalise the learnings, and kupra paduthufy..matter over!

September 14, 2006 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home