Friday, May 06, 2005

I've been spammed!!

One of the comments to my previous post was a spam message. Had read a few months ago that Blogger and LJ were working on combating blog-spams, but little seems to have happened on that front.

I find blog-spams to be worse than the spam mails that flood our inboxes for the following reasons.

1. I cannot delete the spam comment. The only way I can remove it is to switch off the commenting facility - which I am definitely not inclined towards.

2. This blog is MY personal space, and posting such spam messages in it is a violation of my privacy and equivalent to trespassing my virtual space.


One thing Blogger/LJ could do is allow bloggers to mark comments as spam - and such comments may at least be relegated to the bottom of the comments page (after a break-line that says "The following were categorized as spam by the author of this blog").
Is anyone listening?

2 Value-adds:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is anyone listening?
no da ..

May 06, 2005 4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

warning! the prev post wasn't written by your habitually anon commenter aka yhac.
that doesn't prevent me from agreeing to his/her sentiments :P
yhac

May 06, 2005 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home