Sunday, July 03, 2005

Phew...

Some 20 days or so after I had begun, I've now finally finished reading The Lexus and The Olive Tree. In spite of certain reservations I have with Friedman's picture of the globalized world, I love the book for one simple reason - it made me think quite a lot! There were quite a few instances when questions that arose in my mind on reading a chapter were answered in the subsequent chapter. I guess its got to do with the mostly-logical flow in which he presents his idea of the world.

I'll probably start reading The World is Flat after a couple of months - let the learnings from TLOT first sink in. :)

2 Value-adds:

Blogger Harsha V. Madhyastha said...

Pointer to a book on related lines in today's NYT here.

--Harsha

July 04, 2005 7:54 AM  
Blogger Sridhar Raman said...

>>I'll probably start reading The World is Flat after a couple of months - let the learnings from TLOT first sink in. :)

Aargh...now you realise why I do not read such books? I do not believe in "learning". :D

July 04, 2005 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home