Monday, November 08, 2004

Mabbu

I hadnt truly understood the significance of this Tamil word till I tried to explain it to a friend of mine. Mabbu denotes a state of being - and an exalted one at that. Mere mortals tend to confuse it with alcohol or drug induced intoxication, but it is in fact a state of mind higher beings (for eg yours truly) spend most of their time in (with/without -OHs). I shall quote the example I used to explain the word.
Today when I was waking up (neither asleep nor awake), I thought I was looking down from the terrace of a skyscraper, havin decided to jump down. I wondered which would be the best position to land in. I reasoned if I fell head-on, that would surely be fatal. I couldnt quite imagine the extensive damage that might be caused if I fell on my stomach/back - both seemed life-threatening. So I zeroed in on the legs. That way I would surely lose my legs, but will still have a decent probability of surviving. The state in which I was during this process of analysis is precisely Mabbu.

Hope this was as enlightening to you as it was to me. As one other friend likes to say, the two of us are in the world with an aim to increase the amount of logic in the world - well, thats for another post...

1 Value-adds:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Koolgoose

November 08, 2004 7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home