Monday, January 31, 2005

Fermat's last theorem

Fermat's last theorem had intrigued mathematicians for more than 350 years, till Andrew Wiles came up with a rather complicated proof that most mathematicians alive today will find difficult to understand. As some of my readers might be aware, I have been working on finding an elegant proof of this theorem. I believe I have found it finally! I'll post it here soon after I check it once again. There've been quite a few times when I thought I've solved the theorem, when in fact my proof had been faulty. So I'm not going to post my proof in a hurry. :)

If my proof is correct, you should find it on this page in the next 24 hours.

In the meantime, click here to learn more about FLT and its history.

1 Value-adds:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thot u were farting when u said u were working on it :o

January 31, 2005 5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home